Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 2: Fun in the Sun

We were blessed with a heat wave.  Today was 103 degrees with 106 on the horizon for the following day.  So to celebrate the heat, the Goggle Man family went on a mini vacation to our local waterslide park.   Little did I know that the Goggle Man theme would impact my family and so quickly. 

My oldest daughter has been very shy.  She bumped into some new friends from school at the waterpark.   She will usually be very shy and will not say hi to people and it takes a ton of pushing to get her to step out and try new things.  However, when she is comfortable with people, she is super outgoing since she feels safe.   In these situations, she is dorky and fun- which I love.   As she was nervously looking at her friends across the park, I asked her "What would Goggle Man do?"   Right after I said this statement, she proceeded to walk over to her new friends and spent the rest of the day having fun in a big group of girls.

At the end of the day, my daughter came up to me and said, "I like being Goggle Girl".  This hit me like a ton of bricks.  We can all learn from this situation.  How many times do we not just enjoy the moment because we are worried about the possible outcomes.  If we all just view the world through our lenses of fun, what would the world look like?  Now my oldest daughter is known as Goggle Girl.   I like her lenses- they have a cool teal look to them! 


This day was full of Goggle Man experiences.  We brought a family friend to the slides.  He is an outgoing 10 year old that pushes life to the fullest.  He has been very interested in the new blog that I have created, so wanted to include him into this post.   D-Train (as he calls himself) is a kid that can teach us all how to just embrace the world we live in.  D-Train had a great day at the park and had the opportunity to meet twins (Goggle Girls' Friends)  who followed him around the entire day.  Does it get any better than that for a 10 yr old?  His older brother was stuck in a baseball game in the heat while D-train was hanging at the waterpark with twins.   Needless to say, he experienced the better day and now is known as "Goggle Boy".  He is my newly adopted son!
Goggle Man is excited about the next adventure.  Already, there has been positive changes in my own family. I hope that these quirky stories inspire you to go have adventures through your own lens!  Until next time! 
 
-Goggle Man Out!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment