Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Don't travel with Goats

Hello World-

Goggle Man is preparing to take a little time off and will be traveling to the magical island known as Maui.  We are going on this adventure with two of our friends met for dinner to discuss our agenda for our trip.   During dinner, I was sharing the Goggle Man story.   My buddy instantly said, " I've got a story for you".  He is a local firefighter and always has interesting stories to share.  

My buddy, "Mr. Firefighter" responds to a call of a car accident on a major road in town.  As they are on their way, his crew is expecting the worse situation.  Will it require jaws of life, CPR, a fire to put out?  When he arrives he sees a smashed car with all of the windows broken out.  He sees two groups of  angry people on either side of the car.  There was also a goat running around on the side of the road. His crew quickly responded and gathered as much information about the situation so they could help.   This is what they found:

A mom and her son got into an argument. During the argument, the Mom proceeded to take the son's pride and joy- his car.  Not only did she want to take the car, but felt that it was her right to take her goat along.   Since she was mad at him, it seemed like a good idea to start driving it into a pole to make a stronger point of how angry she was.   While she was trying to wreak the car, her goat jumped in and tried to help her cause.  The goat started kicking all the windows out of the car.  By the end of this stunt all that was left was a yellow, smoking, and windowless Mustang GT.

Once the crowd was calmed down, the one police officer make a monumental comment that will stick with me for the rest of my life.   He said, "It seems goats don't travel well."   You have to like the simplicity and candor of this statement.  



This story made me think.  How many occupations require processing a ton of data that is required to make split second decision.  Many of these roles I would never think of...  

How are you processing data in your role?  Do you have an awesome BI suite, or does it require you to go "old school" and use your brain?  I will leave you with this.  When you feel that everything is on fire, remember there are others in the world that are also making difficult decisions- some even involve mad goats. 

As I prepare for my vacation, I think that I will leave my goat at home since they do not travel well.

More to come from the Islands-
Until next time!

Goggle Man Out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment